Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Do you know what to do after a water disaster strikes? Whether it's flooding, storm damage, sump pump failure, sewage back up, leaking roofs, pipe bursts, or failed water appliances, SERVPRO of Clinton has your back. Nobody ever wants their home or business to suffer water damage, but it can happen when you least expect it and the best course of action is to have a plan in place should a water catastrophe occur. SERVPRO of Clinton has some safety tips listed below to help keep you, your family, your structure, or business and its employees safe during a water emergency.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (563) 212-2874
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.